Here at Cultural Care Au Pair, we combine the security of a large organization with the convenience of personalized support.
Support in your country
Our representatives are just a phone call away and can answer any questions or concerns you might have on any part of the process. Whether you're thinking about applying, trying to match with a host family, or getting ready to depart for the USA, we are here for you every step of the way:
- Our office is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm CET.
- You can contact us through phone, email, or Facebook messenger.
- We have staff throughout your home country to accommodate your interview.
- We use an easy, online application for your convenience. We also provide support and feedback as you fill out your application, ensuring that you have the best possible profile for potential host families.
- We created MyAuPairCourses – a self-paced online training course to prepare you for your journey ahead.
To help you feel prepared and excited for your au pair adventure, we organise helpful training sessions and workshops, as well as provide pre-departure emails and letters for you! And as you're getting ready to leave, we communicate with our au pairs in the USA to gather as many essential tips as possible to help you in your travels.
It's also important to us that you feel connected to Cultural Care long after you've returned from your au pair experience. That's why we offer exciting opportunities to make a difference and stay involved, such as being a Cultural Care Ambassador for our program!
Support in the USA
As a Cultural Care au pair, you will have access to the largest au pair support structure in the USA. Starting with our offices in Boston and Denver and continuing with our Local Childcare Consultants (LCCs), you will work with Cultural Care representatives to ensure you have the best possible experience as an au pair.
1. Your Support Representative in the USA
When you arrive in the USA, a network of people will be working year-round on your behalf to maximize the success of your program experience. Most immediate support will come from your LCC, who lives in your community, provides on-the-ground support and serves as a mentor to you throughout your au pair experience.
LCCs will connect you with au pairs who live in the same area as you and will reach out each month to check on your well-being. Some may even host informal get-togethers to help introduce you to other people in your community. Of course, they are available for one-on-one support and counselling if needed. Here are some of the ways your LCC will support you:
- They will conduct an interview in your host family's home to prepare for your arrival.
- They will welcome you with an initial orientation together with your host family when you arrive.
- They will maintain monthly contact with you and your host family.
- They will put you in touch with other au pairs in your area.
- They will provide advice on local educational opportunities.
Unlike other smaller agencies, Cultural Care's extensive network of Local Childcare Consultants enables us to create strong communities of au pairs and host families, making your transition to American life as easy as possible.
2. Support from the Cultural Care offices in the USA
The Cultural Care USA headquarters are based in Boston and Denver, where our teams work to support au pairs and host families all over the country. These fully-staffed offices are responsible for you during your time in the USA and will give you access to a team of Customer Relations Managers, who supervise LCCs around the country.
Cultural Care is available for you 24/7. In addition to your Local Childcare Consultant and Customer Relations Manager, you can always reach a Cultural Care representative. Emergency support is available in the event of an urgent situation. You or your host family can always call the office and be connected with someone who can assist you in real time.
Our US-team will also offer monthly support and social calls on topics concerning your well-being. Participating in these is a great way to connect with other au pairs across the USA!
Visa Application & Flight Arrangements
Our staff is here to help you through every phase of the visa application and flight logistics.
You can become an au pair in 4 easy steps! From applying online to finding the perfect host family, Cultural Care will help you every step of the way.
Frequently Asked Questions
See our answers to FAQs about our program — from program regulations, to the matching process, to your stay in the USA and more.